Cambria Care & Maintenance
Maintaining Cambria® Product is easy. Simply wash with a soft cotton cloth and warm water; use a mild soap if desired.
Do not expose, in use or otherwise, Cambria Product to abrasive, strong alkaline, acid, free radicals, oxidizers or cleaners of the like (whether high, neutral, or low pH). Various chemicals are corrosive and/or erosive in their ability to attack any surface, including Cambria Product. Be very aware of these potential damages to its surface.
Cambria is not heat proof, chemical proof, or fracture proof in any form. Be aware of damaging exposure to these potential damaging acts.
Do not use or expose Cambria Product to certain cleaning products, including, but not limited to, bleach, oven cleaners, Comet®, Soft Scrub®, S.O.S.® pads, products with pumice, batteries, paint removers, furniture strippers, tarnish or silver cleaners, or the like. Do not use abrasive or harsh scrub pads. Do not apply any sealers, penetrants or topical treatments to Cambria Product under any circumstances. Such products will wear off and cause the gloss to appear dull or inconsistent. Contact Cambria for further information by calling 1-866-CAMBRIA or visiting our website at CambriaUSA.com
- Cambria Product is created from pure natural quartz stone. Variation in natural quartz stone color, pattern, size, shape and shade are unique and inherent characteristics of this product.
- Color blotches are intentionally included in many designs to enhance the Product’s natural beauty. Samples are small select cuts from a larger slab and may not fully exhibit all the design characteristics of the final installed product. These variations do not affect performance and do not qualify for product replacement.
- Cambria is durable and resistant to surface damage. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria Product, no stone surface is scratch proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multi colored design surfaces.
- Cambria Product is not a seamless product; seams are visible. Where there are seams changes in the product, pattern and shad will be visible.
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature, especially near the edges, as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Cambria Product may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, slow cookers, roaster ovens, and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a closed-weave hot pad or solid trivet, like a bread board, is always recommended to prevent heating the product.
- Cambria Product is not a structural support material and must be supported in every application. 2cm and 3cm thicknesses are for countertops and other horizontal surfaces; 1cm thickness is for vertical surface finishes such as walls, tub and show surrounds.
- Cambria Matte™ finish will show surface markings caused during normal use, which are easily removed with an all-purpose cleaner such as concentrated Simple Green® cleaner. Semi-polished and Cambria Matte™ finishes do not shine, and may soil and/or appear to stain from soiling, especially when used in heavy traffic areas such as flooring.
- Installation of Cambria Product requires walls and cabinets to be properly prepared for installation, which includes, but is not limited to, structurally sound, straight, level and square walls and cabinets. Lack of proper preparation may cause poor installation and poor seam fit or inconsistent countertop overhang and placement.
Thank you for your purchase of Cambria.
Approved Cleaners Statement
Thank you for your request for additional information regarding the care of your Cambria. Maintaining your Cambria is easy. Simply wash with a soft cotton cloth and warm water, use a mild soap if desired. If you have dried spills and desire to use a cleaner, Cambria recommends you use one of the following products:
- Arm & Hammer Clean Shower
- Clorox Anywhere (Hard Surfaces)
- Clorox Disinfecting Kitchen Cleaner
- Clorox Wipes Bleach Free Lemon Fresh
- EcoPure EP64 Neutral pH Multi-Use Cleaner
- EcoPure EP67 Heavy Duty Industrial
- Formula 409 Orange Power Daily Kitchen Cleaner
- Goo Gone
- Lysol Disinfecting Wipes
- Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner with Citrus Scent
- Lysol Island Breeze Disinfectant
- Lysol Food Surface Sanitizer
- Lysol IC
- Lysol Sanitizing Wipes
- Method- The Daily Granite Spray
- Simple Green D Pro 3 Cleaner
- Simple Green Extreme Clean
- Simple Green Lemon Fresh
- Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner with Vinegar
- Windex Lime Action Multi Surface
- Denatured/Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
- Saniten N-313
Please avoid selecting a variation of the product listed above, as most brands have multiple variations of product types; some variations may include chemicals or additives that could damage your Cambria. See page two for a list of additional cleaners and soaps that are available for use with your Cambria product.
Desert Collection™ designs may require more frequent attention from finger prints or other spills; Simple Green D Pro 3 and/or denatured/isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol work very well in this situation.
DO NOT use abrasive or strong alkaline or acid (high or low pH) cleaners. DO NOT use or expose Cambria to bleach, oven cleaners, Comet®, Soft Scrub®, SOS® products with pumice, batteries, paint removers, furniture strippers, tarnish or silver cleaners. DO NOT use abrasive or harsh scrub pads. DO NOT apply any sealers, penetrates or tropical treatments to Cambria under any circumstances. Such products will wear off and cause the gloss to appear dull or inconsistent. Contact Cambria for further information by calling 1-866-Cambria or visiting our website at www.CambriaUSA.com .
We appreciate you being a Cambria customer and look forward to helping you in the future. If you have any additional questions, please visit www.CambriaUSA.com , or call toll free to speak to one of our Cambria Customer Care representatives at 1-866-CAMBRIA (226-2742)
If you desire to use a different cleaner than listed above, Cambria recommends you use one of the following products:
- CitraSolv Natural Cleaner & Degreaser
- De Vere C-Clear Glass Cleaner
- Easy Off BAM Power Cleaner De-Greaser
- Ecover All Purpose Cleaner
- Fabuloso Multi Purpose Cleaner
- Glance Glass Cleaner
- Goof Off
- Hertel Biodegradable Cream
- Homelife ultra concentrated mountain stream plus
- bleach alternative
- Joy Ultra Concentrate Antibacterial
- J.R. Watkins All Purpose Cleaner
- J.R. Watkins All Purpose Wipes
- Miracle Counter Kleen
- Mr. Clean Extra Power Soap Scum Blaster Bathroom Cleaner
- Mr. Clean Power Multi-Surfaces Wipes Disinfection
- Lemon Scent
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Countertop Spray
- Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner
- Quartz Brite Daily Cleaner
- Scrubbing Bubbles Antibacterial Bathroom Wipes
- Seaside Naturals – All Purpose Cleaner
- Seaside Naturals – Glass Cleaner
- Shaklee Get Clean Basic H2 Cleaning Concentrate
- Shaklee Get Clean Basic H2 Wipes
- Shaklee Get Clean Germ Off Disinfection Wipes
- Super Sani Cloth Germicidal Disposable Wipe
- Tough Guy Germicidal Cleaner
- Wine Away Red Wine Stain Remover
- Wine B’Gone Wine Stain Remover
- For hand or dish soap cleaners, Cambria recommends you use one of the following products:
- Ajax Dish Liquid Triple Action Orange
- Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam
- Dawn Ultra Antibacterial Dishwashing Liquid
- Dawn Ultra Concentrated Dishwashing Liquid
- Dawn Ultra Platinum Advanced Power
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Dial Complete Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash
- Ecover Dishwashing Liquid
- Gojo Lotion Cream Soap
- J.R. Watkins Dish Soap
- J.R. Watkins Hand Soap
- Life Brand Mandarin Pomelo
- Antibacterial Hand Soap
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Dish Soap
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Hand Soap
- Palmolive Ultra Concentrate
- Palmolive Ultra Antibacterial Dish Liquid
- Seventh Generation Lavender Floral
- and Mint Natural Dish Liquid
- Shaklee Get Clean Dish Wash
- Simplicity Hypoallergenic
- Non-toxic Liquid Dish Soap
Please avoid selecting a variation of the product listed above, as most brands have multiple variations of product types; some variations may include chemicals or additives that could damage your Cambria.
Discover the warmth and richness that can only be found in natural quartz surfaces – where elegance and beauty meet function and lasting durability. With an endless palette of dazzling colors showcasing the depth and character of natural quartz, you’ll see why more and more homeowners are asking for Cambria by name. Bring your dream kitchen or bath to life today – Discover yourself in Cambria!
Safety and Performance
Today’s busy families demand products that stand up to rigorous use. With Cambria, you can be assured of a product that is not only beautiful and elegant, but also strong, durable and safe for food preparation. Discover why more and more homeowners are choosing the only countertop surface that combines the natural beauty of quartz stone with all the functionality you’ve come to expect
- Is certified by NSF International for both Splash Zone and Food Zone
- Is non-porous, reducing the potential for bacterial growth
- Is as food-safe as a stainless steel countertop
- Resists stains caused by wine, fruit juices, liquid food coloring, tea, nail polish and remover and felt-tip markers
- Is twice as strong as granite
- NEVER needs sealing or refinishing to keep its natural luster
- Is maintenance free – simply wash with warm water
- Kitchen Countertops
- Bathroom Vanities
- Fireplace Mantels
- Jacuzzi Surrounds
- Custom tables and desks
- Shower surrounds
- Strength & Durability- Cambria natural quartz surfaces are twice as strong as granite, it’s a surface that is truly everlasting.
- Maintenance Free – No sealing, polishing or reconditioning is needed. Simply wash with warm water. It’s that simple. Plus, unlike granite, Cambria will resist stains from fruit juices, food coloring, coffee, tea, wine, grape juice, nail polish and felt tip markers.
- Food Safe – Unlike granite, Cambria has been certified by NSF International for use as a food preparation surface. Cambria is non-porous, making cleanup easy and preventing food and moisture from penetrating its surface — the main source of growth for harmful bacteria.
- All Natural – Cambria is created from pure natural quartz, an extremely hard stone crystal mined directly from the earth. In fact, quartz is the hardest non-precious stone that can be found in the earth’s surface.
- Everlasting Value – With its beauty and performance advantages over granite, a Cambria kitchen countertop or bathroom vanity will add value to your home.
GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification
Cambria® Natural Quartz Surfaces has been GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI) under the GREENGUARD Standard for Low Emitting Products. This certification allows Cambria Natural Quartz Surfaces to be a point contributor in any LEED-certified project in the category of Indoor Environmental Quality.
GREENGUARD for Children and Schools
According to GEI, children are more heavily exposed to environmental toxins than adults. They consume more food, water, and have higher inhalation rates per pound of body weight than adults.1 In an effort to ensure that young children with greater sensitivities are not affected by products negatively impacting air quality, the GEI created the GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certification to test chemical emissions from building products used in schools and daycares.